Education is one domain that has accompanied civilization through the centuries, adapting its tools to fulfil the expectations of the students and the needs of the teachers. Such tools can be as obvious and traditional as pencils and a notebook, or as complex and innovative as online courses, virtual, augmented and mixed reality environments.
As the development of technology offers a rapidly increasing number of outlets for creativity and communications, the world of education is undergoing significant renovations. Each day more instructions and open educational resources can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, and at no or little cost. Many universities, public institutions and private businesses are moving into the online and virtual worlds to reach their customers, creating rich virtual presence that cannot be delivered through a simple website. Showcasing these innovative changes in education through scientific research lens is the mission of this publication.
Launched in 2011, the EAI Endorsed Transactions on e-Learning aims at exploring innovative e-learning solutions that facilitate teaching and also spark the attention and imagination of students through interactivity, immersion, variety of content, and emerging technologies. We invite submissions from e-learning leaders, researchers, and practitioners around the world. This journal has published research reports as listed in Topics and will continue to observe the trend of development. In particular, articles published have primarily addressed:
educational environments that are friendly, smart or intelligent, open, personalized, and can seamlessly support anytime anywhere learning or training.
teaching innovations such as virtual reality, mixed reality, mobile learning systems that can interact with students and teachers at a pedagogical level.
learning solutions that can support the learning of practical skills, such as science and engineering laboratories that are critical to students following STEM courses.
and the design and implementation of social learning through the integration of learning management systems and social media.
- Accessibility and usability of online learning
- Assessment of e-learning strategies and outcomes
- Augmented reality and associated pedagogies
- Best Practices of e-Learning around the world
- Big Data in global e-Learning
- Blended learning
- Collaborative learning in in various learning environments
- High-impact practices in e-Learning
- Immersive learning and mixed reality
- Innovative solutions for e-Learning
- Intelligent learning and intelligent learning management systems
- Learning analytics
- Massive open online courses
- Mobile learning and its large-scale implementation
- Security and privacy in education and e-learning systems
- Social learning and social networks
- Social and organizational perspectives
- Standards and infrastructures
- Student engagement in various learning settings
- Educational Models and Frameworks
- Virtual and Augmented Learning Environments